Smarthon micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Set (with BBC micro:bit Version 2 main control board)
Kidrise introduces a brand new product: Smarthon micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Kit aims to introduce the Internet...
- detailed introduction
- Latest Offers
- gift wrapping
- birthday promotion
- Find toys by age
- After-sale terms
- customer reviews
micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Kit｜Construct your smart city model with micro:bit now!
This product already includes BBC micro:bit Single Board (Version 2) main control board
Have you ever imagined how to create your own smart city? A general smart city is to improve human life and improve the quality of life through technology. It mainly includes smart home, smart government, smart environment, smart economy, smart citizens and smart transportation. This package can produce and realize at least 11 smart city projects, and the scope of coverage can be divided into 3 categories, including Smart Living, Smart Environment, and Smart Mobility.
Smarthon micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Kit 30-second Video Introduction
Click here to view the full 3-minute introductory video
Difficulty of assembly: 🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧 (5 is the most difficult)
Kidrise introduces a new product: Smarthon micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Set aims to introduce the Internet of Things (IoT). With the basic knowledge of computing and electronics provided in the kit, you can become the creator of the city and build a unique IoT system in the city. Based on the Smarthon IoT board compatible with multiple sensors and actuators, you can design city features; for example: use sensors to detect traffic conditions and upload city information to the Internet.
The kit is powered by the Smarthon IoT:bit, an ESP32 IoT-oriented WiFi shield for the micro:bit. Compatible with a variety of sensors and actuators, allowing you to design more than a dozen IoT city cases with the characteristics of your own dream city.
The manual contains detailed steps,please click this link .What is a smart city?
Smart city is the architecture and integration of information technology (ICT) to increase sustainability, efficiency and quality of life in six areas - transportation, life, environment, people, government and economy. In this package, we will focus on three categories - smart life, smart environment and smart transportation.
Smarthon micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Set 2 Minute Video Introduction
ESP32 main control board (IoT:bit)
This smart city learning kit is equipped with the latest expansion board of Smarthon IoT:bit WiFi Extension Board, which has powerful functions. It uses the new ESP32 WIFI chip, which is faster and more functional than the traditional ESP8266 chip, so as to create different IoT projects. It gives mircobit: IoT functions , which is a designed extension board that includes all the functions for you to start your IoT project.
BBC micro:bit V2 main control board
Measuring just 4cm by 5cm, the micro:bit is a compact computer that kids can use to code and create anything they want! It's intended as an introductory device to introduce kids to the basics of physical computing and tinkering so they can move on to more advanced devices such as an Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
Display consisting of 25 red LEDs;
Two programmable buttons;
Onboard motion sensors or "accelerometers";
Built-in compass or "magnetometer";
Bluetooth smart technology;
Three input and output (I/O) rings.
smart city model
There are a total of nine different models made of wood and cardboard in the set. They are the basic elements of the city. These models are included in the kit so that students or children can create their own smart cities. The box comes with a model, which can be assembled with 9 different smart city accessories, allowing students to freely express their creativity. The manual contains detailed steps, please click this link .
- playground lights
- parking lot brake lever
- garbage can
- OLED display
- speed detector
- Small buildings (apartments/commercial buildings)
- traffic light
- Large buildings (skyscrapers/high-rise residential buildings)
- street light
This set can create at least eleven smart city projects. The following are some reference examples, ranging from easy to difficult, from basic to IoT cases, advanced to using Thingspeak, IFTTTApp Inventor2, etc.
For detailed guidelines and steps, please click here
- Case 01: Automatic playground lights
Playground lights automatically turn on when someone passes by.
- Case 02: Brake lever of smart parking lot
Use ultrasonic distance sensors to sense vacancy in the parking lot. When the parking lot is full, the brake lever will automatically lower to prevent vehicles from entering.
- Case 03: Smart Trash Can
Using ultrasonic distance sensors and LED lights, the system can display the capacity of the trash can.
- Case 04: Urban Noise Detector
Use a sound sensor to detect decibels of sound.
- Case 05: Vehicle Speed Detector
Use ultrasonic distance sensors to detect vehicle speed.
- IoT Case 06: Smart Weather Monitoring Station
Build a small weather station to monitor temperature and humidity.
- IoT Case 07: Smart Home Security System
When a suspicious person passes by, the alarm system is automatically triggered.
- IoT Case 08: Smart Traffic Lights
Photometric sensors can detect traffic accidents, automatically coordinate traffic signals, and prevent vehicles from proceeding.
- IoT Case 09: Remote Smart Door Control
Use the mobile app to enter the password to open the door.
- IoT Case 10: Energy Saving Street Lighting
Use the IFTTT platform to control the street lights on and off.
- IoT Case 11: Automatic Roof Canopy System
With rain sensor and 180° steering gear, the eaves can be opened automatically when it rains.
- Scenario Reference 1: Modern House Modern House focuses on achieving a high standard of living for citizens, it includes a parking lot automation system and a highly secure defense system, and collects noise and weather information to evaluate the city's environmental comfort.
- Scenario Reference 2: Green Engineering This is an urban development focusing on high sustainability, which includes increasing green area, improving energy efficiency, reducing waste, monitoring climate information and pollution status (eg noise).
- Scenario Reference 3: Traffic Safety and Security Traffic safety is the city's top priority. Vehicle speed and traffic conditions are monitored in the public transportation system. Only the person in charge of the company can enter the building. If there are suspicious people nearby, an alarm will be sent through the network.
feature of product
- Teaching students about smart cities and IoT
- Contains 9 popular smart city models and a city map
- advanced internet of things
- Suitable for group study (computer class/activities)
- stimulate creativity
- Complete Educational Resources
- 1x Smarthon IoT:bit
- 1x Traffic Light Mod
- 1x white LED light
- 1x Color LED (WS2812)
- 1x 180° servo
- 1x buzzer
- 1x ultrasonic distance sensor
- 1x light sensor
- 1x temperature and humidity sensor (DHT11)
- 1x motion sensor
- 1x rain sensor
- 1x cardboard and wood model
- 1x city map
- 2x wire set
-1x Accessory Set
-1x Screw and Nut Set detailed list please click this link .
Product Features and Benefits
- Learn how a smart city works and why it is so important
The concept of smart cities is gaining importance globally. Countries around the world have established smart city blueprints to make perfect plans for the future.
In fact, a smart city is actually a framework that integrates smart technologies to optimize different parts of the city, such as sustainability, energy efficiency, and improvement of human life. Taking Hong Kong as an example, Hong Kong divides smart cities into six categories, including transportation, living, environment, citizens, government and economy.
By using this smart city kit, students can mainly learn about (1) smart life, (2) smart environment and (3) smart transportation. Teaching students early on enables them to understand how a smart city works and why it is so important. At the same time, it can make them have a strong interest in technology.
- Effectively learn IoT knowledge through examples
The Internet of Things is a simple yet complex concept. The most effective way to learn is to teach students through real cases, so that students or users can understand the true uses and benefits of IoT technology.
Cases 6-11 of this kit have been added to the application of the Internet of Things, so that students can know what technologies such as Thingspeak and IFTTT can be used for. For example, the smart home life in Case 6 sends messages to Thingspeak in the cloud through Wi-Fi; The alarm system IFTTT can trigger emails to let the homeowner know, etc., all of which are functions that can only be realized by IoT technology. It is worth mentioning that the IoT:bit included in the kit can be widely applied to App Inventor2 mobile application control, Cloud Control and object-to-object communication (O2O), with strong compatibility and scalability.
- Contains smart city models and city maps
One of the features of the kit is that it includes city models and maps for free. Since many teachers do not know how to start teaching smart cities, this kit already contains 9 basic elements of the city, including smart lampposts, smart parking lot passage bars, smart trash cans, different buildings, etc., allowing users or students Can start quickly; A2 city map also allows users to start through a specific "small city" range and start building a small smart city.
The most important thing is that this can save the time for teachers to prepare the materials. The whole kit already contains all the materials needed. At the same time, it can also save the time for students to make handicrafts, so as to teach the knowledge of Internet of Things and smart cities in a targeted manner. This kit uses wood and cardboard materials, and the price is relatively cheap, allowing more students to experience the kit. It is worth mentioning that the use of cardboard allows students to increase flexibility and freely draw colors and add designs on the top.
- Enrich and improve teaching resources
The design of this kit is very extensible, creative, and difficult to expand. It contains a wealth of case resources 1-11 online. The difficulty of the cases ranges from shallow to deep, from basics to the Internet of Things, with detailed logic explanation diagrams, Programming steps, building steps, etc. At the same time, the online resources are also divided into 5 topics (Chapter), aimed at teaching IoT knowledge, making it easier for freelance creators to master.
It is worth mentioning that this package contains detailed curriculum guidelines, mainly divided into 3 levels, including elementary school level, middle school level and comprehensive level. The courseware includes teacher PPT, student notes, lesson plan (Lesson Plan) and attachments.
- Suitable for STEM group activities/classes
This kit is designed for 2-3 people, but it can be done by 1 person. Because this kit is extremely flexible, easy to deep, highly expandable, and has a large design space, it is very suitable for small groups, allowing students to discuss, conceive, build, design, and finally report their ideal smart city in the group.
This course is especially suitable for computer undergraduates. It teaches basic cases for all students, and then allows students to be creative, choose different levels of difficulty, add different functions, and build their ideal smart city. Topics include smart homes, green cities or smart transportation and safety. During the learning process, students can develop different soft skills including programming ability, electronic knowledge, logical thinking, creativity and communication skills.
- Accessories: micro:bit motherboard, Smarthon IoT:bit, traffic light module, white LED light, color LED (WS2812), 180° steering gear, buzzer, ultrasonic distance sensor, photometric sensor, temperature and humidity sensor (DHT11) , Motion Sensor, Rain Sensor, Cardboard and Wooden Models, City Maps, Cable Sets, Accessory Sets, Screw and Nut Sets, USB Cables for a detailed list, please click this link .
- Dimensions: 270mm x 180mm x 65mm
- Net weight: 730g
- Suitable temperature: 0 to 80°C
- Voltage: MicroUSB (5V) or AA battery x4 (6V)
- Current: 1A
- Processor: Micro:bit
- Wi-Fi: Smarthon IoT:bit built-in ESP32
- Sensors and Actuators: Smarthon Series
- Age of use: 8 years old and above
- Instructions are included with the box, which is convenient for teachers or students to make by hand
- Made in China, or contain English packaging and instructions The packaging is for reference only, the appearance may be changed due to different batches
Smarthon micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Set 3 Minute Video Introduction
Smarthon micro:bit Smart City IoT Learning Kit Unboxing Video Introduction
🧸Other robot programming toys
Children's Toy Gift Offer
Kidrise has selected all kinds of hot-selling children's toys and gifts for everyone, bring wonderful moments to children!
Kidrise Cooperative Course
Happy Children x WELLBEING YOGA • PILATES x Qinxuetang
Buy toys at Kidrise, you can enroll in the latest courses at a trial priceTerms and conditions apply, cannot be combined with other discount codes.
Subscribe now and get 5% off your first order.
Subscribe to us now and spend $400 or more to enjoy a 5% discount on your first order. Not to be combined with other discount codes.
Amazing Toys Toy Deals
Amazing Toys sale, buy two for 15% off the second, discount applies to lower priced toys.
Promo code: az15off
Pro'sKit Baogong Toys Promotion
Pro'sKit Baogong Toys discount, buy two 10% off the second one, the discount applies to toys with lower prices.
Promo code: proskit10off
Goryeo Baby Toy Deals
Goryeo Baby toys offer, buy three for half price on the third, discount applies to the lowest priced toy.
Promo code: goryeo50off
Beautiful packaging・Greeting card writing
A special gift should be matched with exquisite gift wrapping service .
We provide a full range of toy gift wrapping services, including exquisite gift wrapping and greeting card writing for carefully selected toy gifts!
Warm hearts, beautiful presentation, make important moments full of smiles, and make children happier!
- gift wrap
- congratulations card writing
multiple gift wrap
This service is calculated based on the number of toy items, please purchase additional items according to the number of items you need to pack. If you need to pack 2 items, please fill in 2 for the quantity, and so on. If you buy 3 toys, all 3 gifts need to be packed, please fill in 3 for the quantity.
Children's Birthday Gifts Educational STEM Toys Recommendation
Worried about preparing birthday gifts for children? Kidrise has selected all kinds of hot children's birthday gifts for you. We have collected Montessori toys suitable for 0-3 years old, STEM toys suitable for 3 years old or above (science toys, technology toys, engineering toys, math toys), plus Let's bring a memorable birthday to the children with our various shopping discounts!
What kind of toys are suitable for children of different ages? Let's choose toys suitable for the baby's age
Do you not know what to do every time you buy a toy or a birthday present?
Kidrise helps you sort out the toys that are suitable for the age, and the smarter you play, I hope it can help everyone!
Children's Age Toddler Toy Pairing Chart by Age
Toys are important partners for children to learn while playing. No matter what type of toy it is, it has learning purposes and play significance for children. However, if the toy items selected do not match the age of the child, the child may not be interested Contact, or don't know how to play, and have safety concerns.
According to the child's developmental age, according to the child's intelligence, hand function and physical development, choose some toys with a little challenge.
List of toys by age:
|child age||Toy classification||Suggested product page|
|0-3 years old||0-3 years old Hong Kong children early education toys||Click to view|
|3-6 years old||3-6 years old STEM Hong Kong children's toys||Click to view|
|6-11 years old||6-11 years old STEM Hong Kong toys||Click to view|
|over 11 years old||11+ years old STEM Hong Kong toys||Click to view|
- Items are found to have been purchased or not desired after delivery.
- The goods are damaged by man-made.
- The product has been opened or used (for example, the packaging tape or box has been removed).
- The item has not been properly packaged, has been damaged, damaged or is incomplete.
- The color of the product picture may be partially chromatic aberration due to the different shooting lighting environment or personal screen settings.
- If the customer entrusts the deliveryman to deliver the goods to the door of the address or the management office for collection, the customer shall be responsible for the risk of loss or damage of the goods.
- For payment via credit card/AlipayHK/WeChat Pay HK, the company will deduct 5% or $30, whichever is higher.
- For orders paid via Payme/Octopus App/FPS/Bank transfer, the company will deduct 3% or $20, whichever is higher.
- If there is a problem with the quality of the product, a replacement request can be made within 3 days from the date of receipt, and the overdue will not be accepted.
- The original copy of the order code and valid receipt must be presented when exchanging goods.
- Limit one exchange per order.
- If the problem of the product affects the overall operation, the replaced product must be returned together with the complete packaging and accessories.
- If the product problem affects part of the operation, Kidrise will replace the problematic part instead of all.
- All shipping costs incurred for returning or exchanging products shall be borne by the customer.
- It takes one to three weeks for the return procedure to be processed (calculated from the date of receipt of the return). After the procedure is completed, Kidrise Customer Service Department will notify the customer of the details.
- Kidrise is not responsible for any damage to the product after delivery.
- If the item or quantity of the item does not match the order, please contact Kidrise customer service immediately on the day of delivery.
- Reasons for exchanges, returns or refunds will not be accepted after purchase because the size of the product does not match or does not meet the needs.
- If a refund is required, Kidrise will choose the customer's current payment method as the relative refund method. That is, if the customer chooses to pay by credit card, Kidrise will refund to the customer's credit card account. Please note that refund times vary with different banks or credit card companies.
- The company does not provide refund service.
- The company has the right to refuse all unreasonable requests for replacement or return.
- If the delivery address, phone number, name or delivery information provided by the customer is incomplete or wrong, resulting in the failure or delay of delivery, the company will not be responsible, please follow up or contact SF Express by yourself.
- In case of any dispute, Kidrise reserves the right of final decision.
- Kidrise reserves the right to change the above terms and conditions without prior notice.
For returns or exchanges, please contact Kidrise Customer Service:
Hotline: +852 6672 1884
In case of any dispute, Kidrise reserves the right of final decision.